This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through at least July 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented VFX Artist that is passionate about games and can elevate the visual quality and mood of our visual effects.
We are a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination while gaining experience on a wide range of game development projects. See why Great Place to Work recently certified us as a great place to work!
- Build impactful visual effects
- Work within provided performance budgets
- Support established style and mood through creation of high-quality effects
- Help foster a team environment of excitement and passion for creating games
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience being on a team that crafted cohesive visual effects
- Ability to adapt between different art styles
- Expertise in illustration, texture, material creation, and effect implementation
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software