This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
Quarantine Disclaimer: As part of our commitment to your safety in response to COVID-19, teammates of Iron Galaxy are working from home until at least July. This work-from-home policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding will be done remotely, and any equipment that you need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a VFX Artist that is passionate about games and can elevate the visual quality and mood of our visual effects. This role will serve on a team that is collaborating with one of our valuable partners on their AAA game franchise. We need a new teammate who enjoys creating stunning visual effects and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development.
- Build impactful visual effects
- Work within provided performance budgets
- Support established style and mood through creation of high-quality effects
- Help foster a team environment of excitement and passion for creating games
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience being on a team that crafted cohesive visual effects
- Ability to adapt between different art styles
- Expertise in illustration, texture, material creation, and effect implementation
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.