User Research Manager
Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from the office or home through end-2021. This policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be set up for you onsite or shipped directly to you based on preference.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a User Research Manager knowledgeable in UX design methodologies to help us build a User Research department from the ground up. This is an opportunity to take everything you’ve learned to create a flexible user research team that can execute usability studies, playtests, and UX reviews to support our rapidly-growing company.
We need a new teammate who has a passion for player advocacy and a willingness to get their hands dirty – especially while getting the department started. We’re excited about this initiative and the promise that it brings. Come join us to create something awesome!
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Build a Usability Department from the ground up while also being able to lead by example – be willing to pitch in and do the work especially as we get the department started.
- Promote a data-informed decision-making process by harnessing player qualitative and quantitative data and conveying it to game teams.
- Oversee and create a strategic testing plan from prototype to live game operations
- Drive and assess Accessibility and Inclusivity Features in collaboration with game team, publishing partners and DEI committee.
- Be an evangelist for UX-related topics and a reference for user-centric principles, ensuring they’re communicated to and understood by team members.
- Collaborate with external vendors to execute playtests.
- Set UX information pipelines to support usability, accessibility and inclusion.
- Promote a data-informed decision-making process by harnessing player qualitative and quantitative data.
- Build a player panel that can service ad-hoc non-game team player testing.
- Formal training or 2+ years of experience as a UX analyst or user researcher.
- 5+ years experience in user research, UX, and other usability and play testing roles in software (mobile ,PC, games, etc.)
- Fluent in multiple methodologies (field studies, interviewing, questionnaire development, survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.)
- Able to analyze data from mixed research methods
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and natural curiosity about the user experience!
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.