Iron Galaxy Studios, a well-established independent game studio, is looking for a passionate UI Designer to flesh out our existing UI team and help champion for interface through design, flow, layout, and implementation in engine. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
Designers at Iron Galaxy work on a wide variety of projects, including creating new games from the ground up, co-developing games with partners, and porting existing games to new platforms. Our projects tend to have shorter development cycles, which keeps things fresh and provides new challenges.
As a UI Designer, you should be comfortable owning a new UI project and implementation as well as taking over with existing projects that have already been setup. In addition to your design experience, you should have strong communication skills, and be capable of working with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Design and develop wireframes, prototypes, and user flows – solo, and with the collaboration of our UI Team
- Implement game interface in UE4, Unity, and proprietary engines for a variety of genres across single and multi-player
- Collaborate with Art team on look + feel, style guides, fx, and 2D / 3D visual elements and their layout
- Collaborate with Tech UI / Engineering on the UI elements, variables, structure, layout, and optimization/performance targets
- Take in player and peer feedback and make meaningful iterations and improvements to the implementation and interface
- Produce mockups and assets for pitches, prototypes, and kickoffs, using existing designs and feature goals
- Be a champion of UI for our games, helping to energize your peers, and helping to drive quality for our products
What else are we looking for? Here’s our wishlist for the ideal candidate. If you possess most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for:
- Experience with UI implementation in game engines like UE4 UMG or Unity Canvas
- Some experience in a UI/UX Role designing and implementing interface
- Capable of being self-sufficient, highly collaborative, and work in a planning environment that delivers to client expectations
- Knowledge of UI/UX and the ability to speak to your craft with fellow professionals
- Passionate about gaming, interface design, and ability to work well with your teammates
- Experience with commercial UI tools/software solutions such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Experience developing for current or next-gen consoles
- Scripting/programming experience, such as UE4 Blueprints, C#, LUA, Python, etc…
- Experience creating UI art or familiarity with general UI Art pipelines
- Previously shipped AAA title
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment are essential to making great games and being awesome in everything we do. Therefore, we actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.