Technical Artist - Rigging
At Iron Galaxy, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented Rigging Artist with a passion for games that can bring characters and environments to life through robust and efficient rigs. We need a skilled individual who has the ability to automate animation processes and is adept at bridging the gap between character art, animation, and engineering.
We continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination while gaining experience on a wide range of game development projects.
- Design, create and maintain character and environment rigs.
- Work with modelers to create meshes that meet technical requirements.
- Setup real-time simulations (in-engine cloth, rigid body physics, etc.).
- Work with the animation team to create and maintain animation pipelines.
- Design and develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes.
- Integration of art content into the game engine.
- Provide technical support to the Art and Engineering teams.
- Help foster a team environment of excitement and passion for creating games.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology.
- Proficient in scripting tools in Python or other programming languages.
- Thorough knowledge of physics simulations and animation tools.
- Knowledge of subjects such as Maya plugin development and pipeline design.
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software.
- Solid understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
- Knowledge and passion for new cutting edges tech art, and rigging software
- A good sense of 3D & 2D animation fundamentals
- Experience working in a modern game development pipeline and engines
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home through December of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.