Technical Artist-Rigging (Orlando, FL). Seeking a Technical Artist-Rigging passionate about games & can bring characters & environments to life through robust & efficient rigs. The Technical Artist-Rigging should also have the ability to automate rigging & animation processes & should be adept in bridging the gap between character art, animation & engineering.
- Design, create & maintain character & environment rigs;
- Work with modelers to create meshes that meet technical requirements;
- Setup real time simulations (in-engine cloth, rigid body physics, etc.);
- Work with the animation team to create & maintain animation pipelines; Design & develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes;
- Integration of art content into the game engine;
- Provide technical support to the Art & Engineering teams;
- Help foster a team environment of excitement & passion for creating games;
- Communicate & collaborate with other development disciplines;
- Be able to communicate & develop organizational skills;
- Utilize character kinematics, deformations & topology;
- Operate scripting tools in Python or other programming languages;
- Develop physics simulations & animation tools;
- Apply Maya plugin development & pipeline design;
- Employ industry standard engines & software; &
- Make use of the artistic pipeline & workflow.
- Requires: Bachelor’s degree in Entertainment Arts & Engineering, Animation or related field & 2 years of experience.