Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from the office or home through end-2021. This policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be set up for you onsite or shipped directly to you based on preference.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy is hiring a Staff Accountant who is responsible for supporting accounting and financial related activities with a large focus on Fixed Assets & Prepaid Schedules. This person will be responsible for keeping track of assets from the moment they were purchased by the company up to the time they are disposed or sold while maintaining databases & schedules for annual audit.
The Staff Accountant position will also assist with AP/AR, credit card entry, account reconciliations and general ledger accounting. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller to ensure the accurate and timely distribution of financial and management reports. The applicant should be detail-oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy and work well with other people.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Orlando, FL.
- Perform professional level accounting duties according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepare month end journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and assist with all accounting functions.
- Accounts payable review and entry, expense account review and posting entries
- Asset Management
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and book all corresponding depreciation entries
- Find the potential obsolescence of Fixed Assets
- Maintain system for capital accruals and work with project managers to ensure completion estimates are accurate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- 3+ years experience in Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sage Intacct experience required
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from one platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.
See why we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!