Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply. Iron Galaxy Studios is an equal opportunity employer that makes games that are welcoming to every player in the world.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is hiring a Staff Accountant who is responsible for supporting accounting and financial related activities with a large focus on Fixed Assets & Prepaid Schedules. This person will be responsible for keeping track of assets from the moment they were purchased by the company up to the time they are disposed or sold while maintaining databases & schedules for annual audit.
The Staff Accountant position will also assist with AP/AR, credit card entry, account reconciliations, and general ledger accounting. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller to ensure the accurate and timely distribution of financial and management reports. The applicant should be detail-oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy, and work well with other people.
- Perform professional level accounting duties according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and assist with all accounting functions.
- Accounts payable review and entry, expense account review, and posting entries
- Asset Management
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and book all corresponding depreciation entries
- Find the potential obsolescence of Fixed Assets
- Maintain system for capital accruals and work with project managers to ensure completion estimates are accurate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- 3+ years experience in Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sage Intacct experience required
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.