UI/UX Game Designer
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a passionate UI/UX Designer to flesh out our existing UI team and help champion for interface through design, flow, layout, and implementation in engine.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be expected to help design and implement UI/UX content for a variety of products including AAA PC, console, and mobile titles. You should be comfortable owning a new UI project and implementation as well as taking over with existing projects that have already been set up. While you may have one or more areas of expertise, you aren’t afraid to venture between design and implementation on projects. In addition to your design experience, you should have strong communication skills, and be capable of working with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Master and be a knowledge hub of UI Design across platforms and use cases
- Design and develop wireframes, prototypes, and user flows – solo, and with the collaboration of our UI Team
- Implement game interface in UE4, Unity, and proprietary engines for a variety of genres across single and multi-player
- Collaborate with Art team on look + feel, style guides, fx, and 2D / 3D visual elements and their layout
- Collaborate with Tech UI / Engineering on the UI elements, variables, structure, layout, and optimization/performance targets
- Help manage UI development, participate in peer mentorship with and generate feedback for other UI team members
- Take in player and peer feedback and make meaningful iterations and improvements to the implementation and interface
- Produce mockups and assets for pitches, prototypes, and kickoffs, using existing designs and feature goals
- Be a champion of UI for our games, helping to energize your peers, and helping to drive quality for our products
- Experience with some of the commercial tools and software used in UI Design such as Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Experience with game development engines such as UE4 and Unity
- Experience generating UI wireframe and helping to implement that in-game
- You love video games
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level. Check out our next project at Rumbleverse.com.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until September of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.