Senior UI Designer
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through at least July 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a passionate Senior UI Designer to flesh out our existing UI team and help champion for interface through design, flow, layout, and implementation in engine.
As a Senior UI Designer, you will be expected to help design and implement UI/UX content for a variety of products including AAA PC, console, and mobile titles. You should be comfortable owning a new UI project and implementation as well as taking over with existing projects that have already been setup. While you may have one or more areas of expertise, you aren’t afraid to venture between design and implementation on projects. In addition to your design experience, you should have strong communication skills, and be capable of working with diverse cross-functional teams. See why Great Place to Work recently certified us as a great place to work!
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Master and be a knowledge hub of UI Design across platforms and use cases
- Design and develop wireframes, prototypes, and user flows – solo, and with the collaboration of our UI Team
- Implement game interface in UE4, Unity, and proprietary engines for a variety of genres across single and multi-player
- Collaborate with Art team on look + feel, style guides, fx, and 2D / 3D visual elements and their layout
- Collaborate with Tech UI / Engineering on the UI elements, variables, structure, layout, and optimization / performance targets
- Help manage UI development, participate in peer mentorship with and generate feedback for other UI team members
- Take in player and peer feedback and make meaningful iterations and improvements to the implementation and interface
- Produce mockups and assets for pitches, prototypes, and kickoffs, using existing designs and feature goals
- Be a champion of UI for our games, helping to energize your peers, and helping to drive quality for our products
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Experience with some of the commercial tools and software used in UI Design such as Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Experience with game development engines such as UE4 and Unity
- Experience generating UI wireframe and helping to implement that in-game
- You love games