Senior UI/UX Designer
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply. Iron Galaxy Studios is an equal opportunity employer that makes games that are welcoming to every player in the world.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a passionate Senior UI Designer to flesh out our existing UI team and help champion for interface through design, flow, layout, and implementation in engine.
As a Senior UI Designer, you will be expected to help design and implement UI/UX content for a variety of products including AAA PC, console, and mobile titles. You should be comfortable owning a new UI project and implementation as well as taking over with existing projects that have already been set up. While you may have one or more areas of expertise, you aren’t afraid to venture between design and implementation on projects. In addition to your design experience, you should have strong communication skills, and be capable of working with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Master and be a knowledge hub of UI Design across platforms and use cases
- Design and develop wireframes, prototypes, and user flows – solo, and with the collaboration of our UI Team
- Implement game interface in UE4, Unity, and proprietary engines for a variety of genres across single and multi-player
- Collaborate with Art team on look + feel, style guides, fx, and 2D / 3D visual elements and their layout
- Collaborate with Tech UI / Engineering on the UI elements, variables, structure, layout, and optimization/performance targets
- Help manage UI development, participate in peer mentorship with and generate feedback for other UI team members
- Take in player and peer feedback and make meaningful iterations and improvements to the implementation and interface
- Produce mockups and assets for pitches, prototypes, and kickoffs, using existing designs and feature goals
- Be a champion of UI for our games, helping to energize your peers, and helping to drive quality for our products
Here’s our wish list for the ideal Senior UI/UX Designer at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for!
- Experience with some of the commercial tools and software used in UI Design such as Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Experience with game development engines such as UE4 and Unity
- Experience generating UI wireframe and helping to implement that in-game
- You love video games
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.