Senior Technical Artist
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply. Iron Galaxy Studios is an equal opportunity employer that makes games that are welcoming to every player in the world.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to help flesh out our art team. This role will serve on a team that is working to create and launch a brand-new multiplayer game set in a completely original universe. We need a new teammate who is comfortable working with the art team to prototype new art assets and improve the workflow for all art disciplines.
- Design and develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes.
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Improve the workflow for all art disciplines, in particular lighting and environment art.
- Integration of art content into the game engine.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in MEL/Python
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine 4/ or Unity
- Knowledge of engine rendering and lighting
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software.
- Solid understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.