Senior Technical Artist
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from the office or home through end-2021. This policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be set up for you onsite or shipped directly to you based on preference.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to help flesh out our art team. This role will serve on a team that is working to create and launch a brand-new multiplayer game set in a completely original universe. We need a new teammate who is comfortable working with the art team to prototype new art assets and improve the workflow for all art disciplines.
- Design and develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes.
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Improve the workflow for all art disciplines, in particular lighting and environment art.
- Integration of art content into the game engine.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in MEL/Python
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4/ or Unity
- Knowledge of engine rendering and lighting
- Experience working with industry standard engines and software.
- Solid understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.