Quality Assurance Lead
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is seeking a passionate Quality Assurance Lead (Non-Engineer) to join our hard-working QA team. We are a well-established independent game developer who has worked with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim, Overwatch and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
As the last line of defense before our products are released to the world, our QA team works hard every day to make sure that our games are bug-free and fun to play. As we continue to work on many different types of projects, we’re looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join our team on a full-time basis.
This position is for a Full-Time role in Orlando, FL or Chicago, IL
- 3+ years experience in QA with a game development studio
- Working knowledge of the console game submission process (Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo certification)
- Experience using bug tracking databases (JIRA, TFS, Testrail, etc.)
- Strong written, analytical and verbal communication skills A natural strength of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience leading an internal QA team
- Maintain a high quality bar across all levels of your team
- Communicate with production staff, QA partners, and project leads to ensure effective testing coverage and coordination
- Adapt and prioritize testing efforts across multiple projects
- Conduct and develop test plans and cases
- Identify, log and maintain bugs until resolution in bug tracking databases
- Assist with training of new hires and other administrative tasks
- Shipped at least one project
- Experience at a AAA studio
- A passion for the video game industry