Senior Gameplay Designer
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from the office or home through end-2021. This policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be set up for you onsite or shipped directly to you based on preference.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a passionate Senior Gameplay Designer to design and help implement support systems for our games on a variety of projects. This role will serve on a team that is working to create and launch a brand-new multiplayer game set in a completely original universe. We need a new teammate who is comfortable owning new systems and implementation, as well as taking over with existing systems that have already been setup.
- Create and iterate on systems designs and documentation for a variety of genres and platforms
- Prototyping and Systems development in-engine using our content tools and scripting languages
- Tune and balance game content to find the fun
- Foster collaboration and feedback on game features as they are being designed and implemented
- Collaborate with Strike Teams on project to make sure Tech, Art, and Production understand our systems and their needs, and have a voice for feedback and input.
- Act as a product owner for key systems, kicking off and evangelizing new features, seeing them through to implementation, tuning, and balance. Help organize tasks and priorities
- Support top level Game Vision for your existing project(s)
- Help manage day to day systems design and participate in peer mentorship with other Design team members
- Take in player and peer feedback and make meaningful iterations and improvements to the implementation and interface
- Produce mockups and assets for pitches, prototypes, and kickoffs, using existing designs and feature goals
- Be a champion of gameplay for our games, helping to energize your peers, and helping to drive quality for our products
- Experience with game development engines and Design pipelines such as UE4, Unity, Level Editors, Scripting
- Experience with developing content in game engines
- Experience scripting in a previous visual or written language
- You love games
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.