Senior Gameplay Designer
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through July 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a passionate Senior Gameplay Designer to design and help implement and support systems for our games on a variety of projects.
As a Senior Gameplay Designer, you will be expected to help design and implement game systems and content for a variety of products including AAA PC, console, and mobile titles. You should be comfortable owning new systems and implementation as well as taking over with existing systems that have already been setup. While you may have one or more areas of expertise, you aren’t afraid to venture between systems, paper design, and implementation on projects. In addition to your design experience, you should have strong communication skills, and be capable of working with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Create and Iterate on systems designs and documentation for a variety of genres and platforms
- Prototyping and Systems development in-engine using our content tools and scripting languages
- Tune and balance game content to find the fun
- Foster collaboration and feedback on game features as they are being designed and implemented
- Collaborate with Strike Teams on project to make sure Tech, Art, and Production understand our systems and their needs, and have a voice for feedback and input.
- Act as a product owner for key systems, kicking off and evangelizing new features, seeing them through to implementation, tuning, and balance. Help organize tasks and priorities
- Support top level Game Vision for your existing project(s)
- Help manage day to day systems design and participate in peer mentorship with other Design team members
- Take in player and peer feedback and make meaningful iterations and improvements to the implementation and interface
- Produce mockups and assets for pitches, prototypes, and kickoffs, using existing designs and feature goals
- Be a champion of gameplay for our games, helping to energize your peers, and helping to drive quality for our products
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Experience with game development engines and Design pipelines such as UE4, Unity, Level Editors, Scripting
- Experience with developing content in game engines
- Experience scripting in a previous visual or written language
- You love games