At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage Engineers from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
Iron Galaxy Studios is seeking Rendering Engineers to join our world-class engineering team. Engineers at Iron Galaxy have contributed in many ways to our diverse portfolio of high-profile projects. This has included leading the development of new rendering features on Microsoft’s Killer Instinct, optimizing ambitious ports to the Nintendo Switch with Diablo 3 and Skyrim, tackling the challenges of virtual reality with Skyrim VR, and collaborating with our team of talented artists to develop great-looking content across all our internal projects.
We need a new teammate who can help us continue to develop cutting-edge graphics features, techniques, and effects on both internal and external projects. Responsibilities vary based on the project, and we will also aim to place you on projects that play to your strengths while also giving you room to grow. Here are some examples of what an Engineer might be expected to do.
- Develop cutting edge rendering features and special effects to support the needs of our internal projects and external clients
- Support our art and design departments with the best technology available to help them realize their visions
- Analyze performance and implement optimizations at both a high and low level.
- Work with our multi-disciplinary development team to help set the direction of rendering technology at Iron Galaxy
- Comfortable navigating and modifying very large C++ game engines
- Stays up to date with developing trends and novel techniques in real-time rendering
- Understands modern hardware rendering pipelines
- Has reasonable math skills, as required to reason about modern 3D graphics techniques
- Is able to adapt to multiple rendering engines and graphics hardware
- Is a dependable teammate who is able to communicate with all development disciplines
- Deep knowledge of at least one low-level shading language and graphics API
- Proficiency using at least one high-quality graphics debugger (e.g., RenderDoc, PIX)
- Meaningful experience working on modern console hardware
- Experience with a current commercial-scale game engine
If you have not worked in a professional capacity as a software engineer in game development, please describe how your programming skills from your experience will translate to this position in your cover letter.
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level. See why we have been certified by Great Place to Work and GamesIndustry.biz.
Health Insurance (HDHP & PPO)
Vision & Dental Insurance
Group & Voluntary Life Insurance + AD&D
Bonding & Recovery Leave
Holidays & Winter Break
Mental Health Days
401K+ Company Matching
Short & Long Term Disability
Health Savings Account
Parking & Transit Benefits
24/7 Employee Assistance Program
Legal & ID Protection