Manager, Talent Acquisition
Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from the office or home through end-2021. This policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be set up for you onsite or shipped directly to you based on preference.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. Iron Galaxy Studios is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our team.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will develop the plan for our future growth and create and manage the processes needed to execute on that plan. They will oversee the hiring pipeline as well as all academic, institutional outreach efforts, working with both internal and external recruiters. The ideal person for this position is passionate about finding and hiring the best and brightest people and sees Recruiting as a key driver of a company’s growth.
- Manage an internal recruiting team, providing day-to-day mentorship, coaching, and prioritization to the standards established for all people managers at Iron Galaxy
- Develop team's core skills of relationship management, communication, and business acumen to ensure we deliver a consistent high-quality experience for candidates and hiring teams
- Work with leadership to understand growth plan and develop a strategy to deliver against the plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers, and proactively report on pipeline activity to facilitate effective recruiting and hiring discussions
- Audit our hiring pipeline/processes, identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions
- Provide data-driven leadership that supports the organization with actionable insights to enable data-driven decisions
- Manage the relationship with external recruiting agencies, including contract negotiations, the lifecycle of introduced candidates. Assessing and reviewing the need for additional agencies on an ongoing basis
- Manage academic outreach with several university game development, art and technology programs; review the efficacy of these programs and investigate additions and alternatives on a periodic basis
- 6+ years of experience recruiting for a variety of positions within the video games industry with an emphasis on engineering, art, and design across multiple regions
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Demonstrated success sourcing and closing top talent in a high-growth environment.
- Experience translating data into strategic recruitment
- Experience developing sourcing strategies to enable recruitment team delivery
- Experience working with external recruiters/headhunters
- Experience working with universities or with trade organizations for outreach efforts and for sourcing new talent
- Self-driven and able to run a small team with only periodic oversight
- Very comfortable with technology; able to communicate quickly and professionally over email, chat, job boards and other mediums
- Excellent written and oral communication skills