Talent Acquisition Manager
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply. Iron Galaxy Studios is an equal opportunity employer that makes games that are welcoming to every player in the world.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will develop the plan for our future growth and create and manage the processes needed to execute that plan. They will oversee the hiring pipeline as well as all academic, institutional outreach efforts, working with both internal and external recruiters. The ideal person for this position is passionate about finding and hiring the best and brightest people and sees Recruiting as a key driver of a company’s growth.
- Manage an internal recruiting team, providing day-to-day mentorship, coaching, and prioritization to the standards established for all people managers at Iron Galaxy
- Develop team's core skills of relationship management, communication, and business acumen to ensure we deliver a consistently high-quality experience for candidates and hiring teams
- Work with leadership to understand growth plan and develop a strategy to deliver against the plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers, and proactively report on pipeline activity to facilitate effective recruiting and hiring discussions
- Audit our hiring pipeline/processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement solutions
- Provide data-driven leadership that supports the organization with actionable insights to enable data-driven decisions
- Manage the relationship with external recruiting agencies, including contract negotiations, the lifecycle of introduced candidates. Assessing and reviewing the need for additional agencies on an ongoing basis
- Manage academic outreach with several university game development, art, and technology programs; review the efficacy of these programs and investigate additions and alternatives on a periodic basis
- 6+ years of experience recruiting for a variety of positions within the video games industry with an emphasis on engineering, art, and design across multiple regions
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Demonstrated success sourcing and closing top talent in a high-growth environment.
- Experience translating data into strategic recruitment
- Experience developing sourcing strategies to enable recruitment team delivery
- Experience working with external recruiters/headhunters
- Experience working with universities or with trade organizations for outreach efforts and for sourcing new talent
- Self-driven and able to run a small team with only periodic oversight
- Very comfortable with technology; able to communicate quickly and professionally over email, chat, job boards, and other mediums
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.