Operations Coordinator [CHICAGO]
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We make this happen by focusing upon our most important asset – our people. We take our team and our culture seriously, and we make every decision around our 4 company values of People, Partners, Continuous Improvement and Capability, while always striving to never be too corporate.
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to work in our Chicago studio as a member of our Operations team. The right candidate will be proactive, detail oriented, solutions focused, and results driven. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position requires the capacity to work onsite at the studio most days with a few days of work from home. At the time when our team returns to the studio full-time, this role would require all work to be onsite. At present, both studios are primarily closed with a small number of Operations and IT team members in studio maintaining systems and providing support. Some responsibilities during the work from home phase will be different when we resume in studio work.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL. See why Great Place to Work recently certified us as a great place to work!
- Support studio operations through assistance in managing facilities, security & access, asset inventory, shipping & receiving, and delivering department goals
- Exhibit leadership and represent Operations in absence of the Operations Manager
- Communicate with building security, property management, cleaning services, and facilities services vendor to support studio needs and objectives
- Update and maintain security & access systems to ensure a secure work environment for the team
- Oversee scheduling of preventative maintenance to studio facilities systems
- Track and report spending for Operations in a timely manner
- Effectively manage inventory through accurately coordinating, deploying, and tracking the movement of company and partner assets in a timely manner
- Manage studio shipping and receiving functions including packing, shipping, receiving, tracking, and confirming deliveries
- Ensure visual standards in the studio and in offsite storage are met
- Coordinate with other departments to meet the needs of project teams and developers
- Complete various tasks and projects as needed
- Must be willing to work in the studio daily
- Approachable with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity with Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to learn and adopt new applications as needed
- Highly motivated team player who is adaptable and used to fast paced environments
- Ability to lift, push, and slide packages and/or equipment that typically weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Must be 21 years or older