Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for an IT Network Engineer to provide full lifecycle support for all IT networking & infrastructure. Job scope includes design, optimization, security, and maintenance of studio and 3rd party networks. This role will also manage data centers, requiring the support of systems and technologies that include a mix of Windows and Linux servers, VMWare, Unitrends, Fortinet, Cisco, Atlassian, Perforce, AWS, and other game dev tech and tools. The IT Network Engineer is a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members that makes reliable and secure technical decisions to engineer and deploy large-scale services and systems that support critical dev and business processes. The ideal candidate will excel working in a fast-paced environment driving performance and reliability, be a great teammate, and be able to tackle challenging, unique situations daily with the proper sense of urgency.
- Maintain and monitor all network, security, and computer systems.
- Responsible for management, maintenance, and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools.
- Work with various vendors, consultants, and service providers to deliver and maintain IT services.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
- Professionally represent the IT team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all IT systems.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Supporting development of the major console platforms (e.g. Xbox Series S/X, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Android, iOS).
- Create, follow, and maintain documentation and standards.
- Identification of new software and/or hardware to suit requirements.
- Mentor other IT team members.
- Depending on projects on hand, there may be a requirement for regular travel between multiple sites.
- Support of remote users and sites, including VPN support mgmt.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- At Least 3 Years of support experience and proficient knowledge of:
- Routers, Cisco Switches, & Firewalls
- Windows/Linux Server Administration
- Wireless Design & Survey
- IT Security/Security Protocols
- Network Security
- Working knowledge of enterprise authentication systems (Active Directory, LDAP, Crowd, RADIUS, 802.11x)
- Strong understanding of network routing and optimization
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complicated problems in relation to LAN and WAN systems.
- Experience using automated monitoring tools.
- Ability to identify incident trends to escalate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
- Able to gather and present information systematically to troubleshoot, resolve, and report on issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good analytical, problem solving, documentation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform basic practical tasks (e.g. use a screwdriver, etc, without causing personal injury or wrecking things).
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with PowerShell.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Here’s our wish list for the ideal IT Network Engineer at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for!
- Experience supporting game dev tech & tools such as Perforce, Incredibuild, Unreal, Atlassian tools, TeamCity, etc.
- Ability to work in a cloud based or hosted environment.
- Scripting/Automation Experience with examples.
- Experience in Microsoft System Center Suite.
- Experience working with Unitrends products.
- Certifications are a plus.
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.