Lead VFX Artist
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home at least through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Lead VFX Artist that is passionate about games and can help drive the artistic direction of our VFX.
We are a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination while gaining experience on a wide range of game development projects.
- Lead a team of artists building impactful visual effects
- Deliver performant assets within project deadlines
- Direct the creation of high-quality effects that meet established mood and style
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other artists
- Work with Lead Artist to communicate visual direction
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Keen artistic eye for detail and timing
- Directed and led a team of artists in crafting cohesive visual effects
- Deep expertise of visual effect rendering and technical constraints
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software