Lead Environment Artist
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home at least through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Lead Environment Artist that is passionate about games and can drive the artistic direction of Environment Art.
We are a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as bringing Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination while gaining experience on a wide range of game development projects.
- Lead a team of environment artists to create an emotionally driven world
- Review and deliver assets within the project’s artistic direction and deadlines
- Maintain a high visual quality bar within performance constraints
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other artists
- Work with Lead Artist to communicate visual direction
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experience leading a team in crafting interesting and detailed worlds
- Deep expertise of rendering and technical constraints related to environment art
- Experience working with industry standard engines and software