Lead Environment Artist
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply. Iron Galaxy Studios is an equal opportunity employer that makes games that are welcoming to every player in the world.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Lead Environment Artist that is passionate about games and can drive the artistic direction of environment art at our studio. As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We need a new teammate who continually pushes the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow.
- Lead a team of environment artists to create an emotionally driven world
- Review and deliver assets within the project’s artistic direction and deadlines
- Maintain a high visual quality bar within performance constraints
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other artists
- Work with Lead Artist to communicate visual direction
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experience leading a team in crafting interesting and detailed worlds
- Deep understanding of rendering and technical constraints related to environment art
- Meaningful experience working with industry-standard engines and software
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.