Lead Environment Artist
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
Quarantine Disclaimer: As part of our commitment to your safety in response to COVID-19, teammates of Iron Galaxy are working from home until at least July. This work-from-home policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding will be done remotely, and any equipment that you need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build on an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We believe in continuous improvement. Our constant growth relies on being open to the cultures of players everywhere. Whether you find us online or in our games, Iron Galaxy provides a safe space for everyone. For all positions, we are looking for the next team member to challenge us to be better.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Lead Environment Artist that is passionate about games and can drive the artistic direction of environment art at our studio. As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We need a new teammate who continually pushes the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow.
- Lead a team of environment artists to create an emotionally driven world
- Review and deliver assets within the project’s artistic direction and deadlines
- Maintain a high visual quality bar within performance constraints
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other artists
- Work with Lead Artist to communicate visual direction
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experience leading a team in crafting interesting and detailed worlds
- Deep expertise of rendering and technical constraints related to environment art
- Experience working with industry standard engines and software
ABOUT IRON GALAXY
We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing experiences for our players. We also partner with the best companies in our industry to team up on their projects. Our work has resulted in feature development for some of your favorite franchises, ports that move popular games from platform to another, and remasters that breathe new life into beloved titles. We pride ourselves on our commitment to maintaining a positive culture and supporting a healthy balance between work and life for our employees.