IT Systems Technician
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through at least July 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established, independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We are known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Overwatch, Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
We are looking for a new IT Systems Technician capable of providing Level II desktop support to our game dev teams and projects. If you are highly skilled in User, Desktop, Hardware, and Software Dev Support, and have a proven track record of contributing to a team environment and managing technical tasks, this could be the perfect role for you. See why Great Place to Work recently certified us as a great place to work!
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Orlando, FL.
Level I IT Systems Technician – 75% of Time
- Set up and configuration of computers/laptops, mobile devices, phones, and dev kits
- Set up and configuration of workstations – mounting monitors & TVs, power & network management, and audio components
- Break/Fix of systems and hardware
- Asset & inventory management
- Miscellaneous IT operations tasks
Level II IT Systems Technician – 25% of Time
- Software configuration
- User/Dev account management
- Troubleshooting and analysis of systems, hardware, and issues.
Qualifications: (If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!)
- Minimum of 2 years IT Service Desk experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in a college/university Computer Science or MIS program
- Additional certifications and training applicable to the Service Desk function desired
- Experience dealing directly with customers/end users
- Extensive workstation build, rollout, imaging experience required
- Experience working with, and escalating to, 2nd and 3rd Level technical support teams
- Experience supporting Microsoft Solutions (Windows, Office, AD, SCCM)
- Experience supporting high-end graphic, media, and animation tools
- Familiarity with programming or development is a plus
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An understanding of team dynamics and excellent inter-team communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Team player, positive attitude, and ability to remain cool under pressure
- Willing to assist in areas outside of the department to help the studio
- Must be a problem solver
- Ability to move equipment that may weigh up to 60 pounds