Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for an IT Coordinator to oversee specific aspects of IT service and support throughout the company. As a primary function, this position supports the IT Team by managing and executing various tasks related to service and technology delivery. Additionally, this position supports development teams by managing communication, software licensing, hardware assets, and IT procurement.
- Sourcing, tracking, logistics of all hardware
- Maintain accurate record of IT and Dev software
- Ownership of purchasing, receiving, software license, and hardware asset management processes, includes documenting, periodic review, and communication between team members and other stakeholders.
- Perform cost analysis, stage purchases, gather approvals, coordinate logistics, purchase ongoing expense items and planned-for larger ticket items (projects), provide receipts and reconciliation to finance.
- Scheduling of installs, rollouts, meetings, appts w/ vendors/partners as needed.
- Purchase of hardware and software to fulfill service desk requests.
- Provide clear, concise communication to internal and external customers throughout the business
- Provide training and clear documentation on internal processes and user support info
- Provide updates, notices, and project communication to the studio as needed and follow established workflows to gain clearance/approvals on requests.
- Provide reports to management to assist in forecasting and budgeting
- Provide efficient support communication in service desk system
- Assist with project management for IT projects by assigning and tracking tasks, reporting status, maintaining project plans, arranging meetings, communicating to stakeholders, and driving projects to completion.
- Minimum of 2-3 years IT Admin, IT Technician, IT Coordinator experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in a college/university Computer Science or MIS program.
- Experience managing and tracking hardware and software assets within asset management system.
- Experience using IT ticketing & documentation systems (JIRA, Confluence, Connectwise).
- Experience working directly with customers/end users.
- Experience working with, and escalating to, 2nd and 3rd Level technical support teams.
- Strong writing, communication, documentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of scheduling, product development lifecycle, and project management methodologies.
- A sense of team dynamics and excellent inter-team communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Team player, positive attitude, and ability to remain cool under pressure.
- Willing to assist in areas outside of the department to help the studio.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Fine attention to detail and quality of work.
- Experience troubleshooting tech support issues.
- Familiarity with the various software tools used by video game development and production team members.
Here’s our wish list for the ideal IT Coordinator at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for!
- Training or certifications related to project management or service desk.
- Successful experience managing multiple projects, tasks, and resources simultaneously preferred.
- Strong interest and technical understanding of game development.
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.