Head of Quality
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage Producers from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
Our Team looking for an organizational leader to oversee, evolve and scale our approach to Quality across an increasingly complex set of products within the console, PC, and mobile ecosystems. You will be expected to work collaboratively with product leadership to define appropriate quality standards and best practices.
The Head of Quality will lead efforts to evolve our tools and metrics and also manage the growth and health of all disciplines in the Quality organization.
- Lead and direct the Quality Org and its leadership team
- Create a Product Quality studio strategy that holistically leverages QA, User Research, and more.
- Create the vision for quality philosophy from early development to post-launch, live services, including integration with other departments/disciplines, best practices and, and customization to the needs of individual development teams in the organization
- Responsible for defining Quality strategy, approach, and execution in development projects. Develop strategic frameworks that empower teams to be held accountable for upholding quality and player impact as an essential factor in decision-making
- Advocate Quality and how to assess and leverage it through industry-recognized Best Practices.
- Create sustainable, scalable systems that help evaluate, nurture, and grow the skills and the usage of our Quality department.
- Manage the operating budget and forecasts for the Quality team
- Define and report metrics on Quality service, including player-focused reports
- Proactively Manage and communicate dept schedules at regular intervals, highlight risks and wins to the executive team.
- Oversee studio relationships with partners/vendors
- Strong communication skills to evangelize and convey Quality Org vision and initiatives to stakeholders
- Create strategy of optimization - proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of the Quality strategy
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of everyone.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including problem-solving, decision making, written and oral communications
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to build consensus and create teamwork to achieve goals and success
- Able to analyze, define and drive process improvement
- Previous experience managing a team or department tasked with working on multiple and complex projects
- Familiarity and willingness to learn new technical frameworks, concepts, and tools
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level. See why we have been certified by Great Place to Work and GamesIndustry.biz.