Diversity matters at Iron Galaxy. Every day, our team strives to build an inclusive environment where all voices are equal. We encourage people from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is seeking Graphics Engineers to join our world-class engineering team. Graphics engineers at Iron Galaxy have contributed in many ways to our diverse portfolio of high-profile projects. This has included leading the development of new rendering features on Microsoft’s Killer Instinct, optimizing ambitious ports to the Nintendo Switch with Diablo 3 and Skyrim, tackling the challenges of virtual reality with Skyrim VR, and collaborating with our team of talented artists to develop great-looking content across all our internal projects.
We need a new teammate who can help us continue to develop cutting-edge graphics features, techniques, and effects on both internal and external projects. Responsibilities vary based on the project, and we will also aim to place you on projects that play to your strengths while also giving you room to grow. Here are some examples of what a Graphics Engineer might be expected to do.
- Develop cutting edge rendering features and special effects to support the needs of our internal projects and external clients
- Support our art and design departments with the best technology available to help them realize their visions
- Analyze performance and implement optimizations at both a high and low level.
- Work with our multi-disciplinary development team to help set the direction of rendering technology at Iron Galaxy
- Comfortable navigating and modifying very large C++ game engines
- Stays up to date with developing trends and novel techniques in real-time rendering
- Understands modern hardware rendering pipelines
- Has reasonable math skills, as required to reason about modern 3D graphics techniques
- Is able to adapt to multiple rendering engines and graphics hardware
- Is a dependable teammate who is able to communicate with all development disciplines
Here’s our wish list for the ideal Graphics Engineers at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for!
- Deep knowledge of at least one low-level shading language and graphics API
- Proficiency using at least one high-quality graphics debugger (e.g., RenderDoc, PIX)
- Meaningful experience working on modern console hardware
- Experience with a current commercial-scale game engine
ABOUT IRON GALAXY: We are one of the world’s largest independent video game developers. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports and remasters for the biggest companies in the gaming industry. We also create exciting experiences for our own community. At Iron Galaxy Studios, we champion a healthy work-life balance, continuous improvement, equality, and support a diverse culture for all employees.
COVID Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.