Environment Set Dresser
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home at least through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented Environment Set Dresser that is passionate about games and can elevate the visual quality and mood of an environment through in-editor prop placement, level construction, and composition.
We are a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination while gaining experience on a wide range of game development projects.
- Create high-quality levels that maximize use of bespoke and modular assets
- Build immersive environments within performance budgets and design constraints
- Support Environment Art team to achieve established mood and visual style
- Create pleasing compositions through asset placement
- Use props, decals, and signage to visually tell a story
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software
- Keen eye for composition and polish to make a believable world
- Expertise in scene construction, prop placement, static, and dynamic light placement
- Experience being on a team that crafted a distinct, cohesive visual style
- Ability to adapt between different art styles
- Experience in modeling, sculpting, texture, and material creation
- Strong communication and organizational skills