Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented Environment Artist that is passionate about games and can elevate the visual quality and mood of an environment through modeling/sculpting, authoring textures/materials, and in-editor level composition.
We are a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as bringing Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination while gaining experience on a wide range of game development projects.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Create high-quality content within performance constraints
- Organic and hard-surface modeling in a variety of styles
- Work with Lead Environment Artist to establish mood within a visual style
- Contributes to improving workflow processes
- Help foster a team environment of excitement and passion for creating games
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
What else are we looking for? If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience being on a team which crafted a distinct, cohesive visual style
- Ability to adapt between different art styles
- Expertise in modeling, sculpting, texture, and material creation
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software