Director of Human Resources
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home at least through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios makes great games with the titans of our industry because we focus on our most important asset – our people. We take our culture seriously, and we make every decision around our 4 values of People, Partners, Continuous Improvement and Capability, while always striving to never be too corporate. We are now looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated HR Director to join our world-class team.
This person will manage a growing HR Department which will include Generalists, Recruiting, Performance Management, L&D and D&I efforts. You will ensure our team gets great service as our company grows, and help us maintain a positive, inclusive culture with a strong work/life balance. The ideal candidate is a passionate, tech-savvy self-starter who can help continuously improve our capabilities and show us how we can do more with a range of creative and cost-effective solutions.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL, or Orlando FL.
- Work closely with leadership to execute upon the strategy for Human Resources at Iron Galaxy Studios, while establishing best practices
- Manage the core HR and Recruiting teams; provide feedback, mentorship and career growth opportunities; chip in when they need a hand
- Transition Performance Management under HR (currently a separate function) and evaluate our staffing needs in 2021 and beyond for this critical function as we grow
- Provide expertise and oversight in the following areas: employee on-boarding, off-boarding, and engagement; career development, performance management, coaching, employee relations, learning and development, and company compliance
- Directly manage all immigration needs and international visas; be the liaison between employees, our attorneys, and government agencies, and track the status and pending renewals on a continuous basis
- Drive annual reviews of our HR systems and tools including payroll, HRIS, ATS, and others as needed to ensure our capabilities are evolving
- Formalize our Diversity & Inclusion efforts as a core HR function; hire a dedicated professional to assist with this full-time, and work together to build a communication, recruiting and retention strategy
- Conduct investigations surrounding employee relations issues
- Maintain the benefits broker relationship, ensure a high level of support for employees with open enrollment tasks, 401k accounts, and recommend relevant annual plan enhancements that keep current with market trends
- Assist with periodic compensation analyses to advise leaders on retaining top talent while maintaining internal equity
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local legal requirements by staying well-informed on existing & upcoming legislation
- Background with a software/technology and/or entertainment company is required
- Highly motivated team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum 7 years of Human Resources experience, with at least 3 years of experience in an HR management role
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and compliance with legislative changes
- Very approachable, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with evaluating vendors for new systems (HRIS, Payroll, ATS, etc.) and managing the implementation and roll-out
- International experience (Immigration, cross-country visas, etc.) preferred
- Passion for video games or gaming culture is highly preferred