Dev Ops Engineer
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home at least through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established, independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We are known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Overwatch, Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
We are looking for DevOps Engineer capable of developing and continually evolving infrastructure, server, and deployment strategies. If you are an experienced, AWS-focused engineer, who’s excited about games, and excited about working in a creative environment with new technologies and innovating to solve problems, this could be the perfect role for you.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Deployment, configuration, and maintenance of multiple game server fleets and APIs containing numerous game infrastructure services.
- Service availability and performance monitoring.
- Performance improvement.
- Fast and effective diagnostics and resolution of problems arising out of daily game server and API usage.
- Solving issues effectively with minimal possible downtime.
- Automation of processes and daily routines.
- Interaction with game teams and platform team on various tasks that lie between game servers, clients, and backend services. You will get game-specific support from game teams, and platform and tools support from the engine team. They will monitor all three legs of the triangle: servers, clients, and services.
Qualifications: (If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!)
- Experience with the following technologies: AWS CloudFormation, GameLift, ECS, Serverless, Cloudwatch, Boto3
- Experience of Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu etc) administration and operation
- Solid shell scripting experience (sh/bash).
- Knowledge and ability to use basic Linux command
- SQL language – query creation and optimization