This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home until at least mid-2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Design Manager to help grow and develop a talented Design team, help our team meet the high-quality standards of our projects, work with partners to make sure their expectations are met, and help steer the long-term growth of our team.
The Design Manager will work with the Studios Director of Design and collaborate on the management strategy with the team and help support our Design team and their growth, help focus our hiring efforts to build a great team, help manage partner needs and external vendors, and validate the quality of our assets in accordance to the game vision. They will coordinate asset needs with production and be responsible for day-to-day direction and management of audio assets. They will also stay familiar with the game and new content to make sure audio is always accounted for.
- Contribute to the management, guidance, and mentorship of our Design team, including career growth and hiring
- Help create assessments and development guidance for our team members
- Take on management of design needs and expectations with partner projects as needed
- Work with our teams and partners to make sure expectations are met and our design work is at quality and is elevated
- Help our teams build tasking around milestone goals that take in account goals, resources, and availability
- Help evaluate our design deliveries and critique and assess their quality for milestones and projects
- Help manage and contribute to team initiatives around our Design team including guidelines and best practices for our team, and building documentation to support this
- Help manage design relationships with partners, as needed
- In rare cases, getting hands on and helping out on content tasks when needed
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Experience in Senior or Design leadership on game development projects
- Professional experience with game development engines and Design pipelines such as UE4, Unity, Level Editors, Scripting
- Professional experience with Design documentation and process generation
- Experience with task tracking and version control software like Jira, Perforce, Basecamp, Trello, etc…
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing and being respectful to everyone on our team
- Proactive and fearless about jumping into difficult people and project management problems
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues
- You love games