This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home until at least mid-2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established, independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We are known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Overwatch, Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
We are looking for Data Engineer to build and manage the storage, infrastructure and reporting systems for all of our game telemetry. You will work with Server and DevOps Engineers on a pipeline for high-load telemetry, where we collect every aspect of user interaction with our games, and be able to deliver real-time analyses to help refine both the games and our company strategy. If you are an experienced, AWS-focused data engineer, who is excited about games, and excited about working in a creative environment with new technologies and innovating to solve problems, this could be the perfect role for you.
- Maintain an AWS-based data warehouse
- Support the game team and company analytics needs by developing the ETLs and data health monitoring, and support the BI Analyst in the creation and maintenance of dashboards
- Document our data, keep the documentation up-to-date, and regularly check for compliance with business, GDPR, and publisher requirements
- Service availability and performance monitoring
- Solving issues effectively with minimal possible downtime
- Automation of processes and daily routines.
Qualifications (If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!)
- Experience with the following technologies: AWS QuickSight, Athena, CloudWatch, SNS, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, Glue, Boto3
- Experience with Grafana, Tableau, Splunk, and/or New Relic
- SQL language – query creation and optimization
- Experience programming and scripting in Python and Bash
- Experience of Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu etc) administration and operation
- Solid shell scripting experience (sh/bash).
- Knowledge and ability to use basic Linux commands