This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through at least July 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We make this happen by focusing upon our most important asset – our people. We take our team and our culture seriously, and we make every decision around our 4 company values of People, Partners, Continuous Improvement and Capability, while always striving to never be too corporate. We are now looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated Controller to join the team.
This role will oversee corporate accounting, including AR, AP, royalty calculations and more, as well as developing a strategy to plan around tax, develop accounting systems and automation, and develop internal controls and procedures. They will advise leadership on opportunities and pitfalls surrounding our continued growth and serve as a source-of-truth on all things Finance. They will also be responsible for identifying the roles they need to support them as the company grows, and manage the team moving forward. The ideal candidate is a passionate, tech-savvy self-starter who can help continuously improve our capabilities and show us how we can do more with a range of creative and cost-effective solutions. See why Great Place to Work recently certified us as a great place to work!
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Build and manage the new Iron Galaxy Studios Accounting and Finance team
- Plan, organize and manage all activities of the general accounting function to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial results for the organization following US GAAP
- Manage and oversee all Accounting and Finance functions, including cash, accounts payable and receivable, billing and invoicing, maintaining the general ledger, and liaising with HR to support payroll and benefits, and equity administration
- Perform cash management functions (cash receipts, disbursements, communicating with banks, etc.), including ensuring liquidity and operating funds as well as ensuring appropriate controls for purchases, investment and liquidity management are in place and adhered to
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles, procedures, and revenue recognition policies
- Generate weekly financial reports
- Run the financial close process each month and year, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules, and relevant reporting to provide accurate results to leadership
- Develop, implement, and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal tax requirements and filings
- Manage relationships with auditors and external accounting/tax advisors
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the team and our financial infrastructure with the needs of the company
- Build relationships and partner with department leaders to understand key issues and goals. Provide data and insights to help managers run the company and make effective decisions
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions in the absence of perfect systems, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting
- Improve and automate efforts to refine Accounting operations related to revenue accounting and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Scale financial infrastructure, including systems, tools, and processes
- Background with a software/technology company, entertainment company or public accounting firm is required
- Minimum 7 years of Accounting + Finance experience, with at least 3 years of experience in a management role
- A technical accounting background, CPA or CMA required
- Highly motivated team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Very approachable, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with evaluating vendors for new financial systems (HRIS, Payroll, ATS, etc.) and managing the implementation and roll-out, as well as the integrations with other company tools
- International experience (Immigration, cross-country visas, etc.) preferred
- Passion for video games or gaming culture is highly preferred