Audio Manager (Temporary)
This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home at least through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Audio Manager to ensure that internally and externally created assets meet the high-quality standards of our projects, and audio is represented in all aspects of our games.
The Audio Manager will work with our Game Director, Lead Designer, and collaborate with our team to make sure we have a clear set of audio asset targets, a documented workflow for our teams, and help manage external vendors, and validate the quality of our assets in accordance to the game vision. They will coordinate asset needs with production and be responsible for day-to-day direction and management of audio assets. They will also stay familiar with our games and new content to make sure audio is always accounted for.
This opportunity is for a 1-year temporary full-time position in Chicago, IL.
- Manage the creation of internal and external audio assets including mixing, recording, editing, and including VO casting, direction, and recoding.
- Manage the external composition and recording of musical scores
- Communicate the audio vision of our games to internal and external developers
- Represent the audio department / efforts in meetings with the team
- Evaluate the quality of audio assets and offer feedback and guidance as they are delivered and as they are implemented in our games
- Help manage schedules and deliverable timelines for audio asset development
- Help ensure audio has been considered for all aspects of our games, including those sneaky new features that just got added
- Act as a knowledge hub for internal and external audio development for our pipelines, practices, and software
- Be the liaison between all the disciplines on the team and the audio needs for those departments
- Critique and help guide standards for content development within Audio
- Help set priorities for audio development features in our games needed to support audio implementation
- Build relationships and help guide partnerships with external audio developers
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Experience working with audio in video game development, shipped titles are a plus
- Experience with Design Audio Workstations and software such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Nuendo, etc.
- Experience with game development and audio engines, such as Unreal Engine 4 and WWise
- Some exposure to scripting and in-game audio implementation workflows
- Experience with task tracking and version control software like Jira, Perforce, Basecamp, Trello, etc.
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing and being respectful to everyone on our team
- Fearless about trying out new tools with a commitment to keeping up with the latest industry standards, best practices and approaches to creative projects
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues
- You love games