Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated Assistant Producer to join our team. We are a well-established independent game developer who has worked with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. We are known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch.
As an Assistant Producer, you will work with the development team to create production schedules, track project deliverables, help manage and drive team goals, and contribute to fostering a positive team culture. You will work closely with the various game teams to ensure that development runs smoothly and assist in communication between the departments helping the teams stay on task with ongoing projects. You may assist on one project at a time or, based on our needs, work on multiple smaller projects at once.
We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees. We expect a lot from our team, but offer the support, coaching, mentorship, and variety to make great game developers out of every person that joins our studio.
This position is available in Chicago or Orlando (Currently Virtual due to COVID-19)
What you will do
Produce Great Games!
- Assist in building high level and near-term schedules
- Create, organize, and maintain project tasks lists and deliverables
- Schedule and participate in meetings, take detailed notes, and help with documentation
- Identify, communicate, and resolve risks that may be blocking the team from hitting their goals
Deliver for Our Partners
- Effectively communicate project status and needs internally and to our partners
- Work with QA to triage bugs and assist in build deliveries
- Foster collaboration with partners by looking for positive solutions to all problems
Be a Great Collaborator
- Help coordinate the efforts of all disciplines to achieve consensus in a cooperative manner and drive the team to a consensus when extra care is required
- Understand and communicate project milestones, deadlines, risks, and stakeholder feedback to team members and studio leadership
- Contribute to an environment that creates a positive team experience and high morale
- Previous Production experience in a creative industry/environment
- Knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design documents and production processes/best practices (budgets, game concept and prototyping creation, project management, bug reports and defect tracking)
- Time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity and a growth mindset. Continuously seeks out knowledge and learning opportunities
- Solid decision-making capabilities with a demonstrable ability to think outside the box
- Pro-active and effective problem solver